With the impending wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle creating a storm of wedding talk abound the world, couples everywhere are waiting to see what the American beauty will wear down the aisle. We should expect to see a whitewash of copycat gowns popping up in the immediate aftermath of the Royal Wedding just like the craziness that followed Prince William and Kate’s wedding back in 2011, but what about the jewels?
While most of us probably can’t afford the oversized gems and high price tags of the engagement rings of the rich and famous, we can still ooh and ahh over their style and sparkle from afar. From Meghan Markle’s trilogy diamond engagement ring to the rings of A-list celebs, we’ve collected some of our favourite celeb engagement rings from around the globe and we’ve got our top picks for how to copy their style at a fraction of the cost. Forget single solitaire diamonds, these rings all have a unique flair about them and have been replicated with their own unique twist by one of Melbourne’s most coveted jewellers.
1. Meghan Markle’s Royal Trilogy Diamond Ring features a large centre diamond sourced from Botswana, flanked by two smaller diamonds that were a part of Princess Diana’s personal collection. Prince Harry had the ring made by the Royal family jeweller, however you can copy the same style with this classic 6-claw trilogy ring featuring stunning brilliant-cut diamonds.
2. Amal Clooney was gifted with a giant emerald cut diamond when she became engaged to George Clooney back in 2013. Whilst her ring is estimated to be featuring an incredible 7-carat diamond, you can have the same style with any size diamond between 0.5carats to 2carats with this timeless four-claw diamond ring with diamonds along the band for extra sparkle.
3. Just as you would expect from Lady Gaga, she was proposed to in 2015 with a playful, but no less stunning, diamond heart engagement ring from long-time lover, Taylor Kinney. Steal the same style with this equally beautiful modern 3-claw engagement ring with a heart-shaped centre diamond and gorgeous diamonds around the band.
4. We love a fresh take on a regular halo engagement ring, so how about replicating Natalie Portman’s stunning floating halo with round centre diamond with this similarly gorgeous semi halo with twin pave set bands. The space between the halo and the centre diamond gives the appearance of a larger centre diamond, so you can get away with Natalie’s look for a fraction of the cost!
5. What was once a more traditional shaped diamond is having a comeback and now, the p ear-shaped diamond is one of the most popular choices of brides-to-be this century. We love adding a halo of diamonds just like Katherine Heigl’s engagement ring, making the centre of the ring catch the light from all angles like this gorgeous pear diamond with halo.
Need help finding the ideal engagement ring?
Our friendly sales team have many years of experience and can help you find the perfect ring for your loved one. Simply visit our SH Showroom in Springvale and take advantage of a free consultation to discuss your jewellery and diamond requirements. However, so that we can better serve you, we recommend that you book an appointment for your consultation, especially for weekend times.