Planning a wedding can be a monstrous task, especially when trying to juggle it with your everyday life - but you can make the process an enjoyable one when you’re organised and on top of it all. In the beginning, it may seem very overwhelming when you’re unsure of the next steps or if you’re going to forget something. SH Jewellery understands just how stressful it can be and have created a compact list of everything you need to plan for the big day, and in what order.
9-12 months before
1. Set a budget, and determine how the costs will be divided among your families’ contributions
2. Select a date, and reserve a venue
3. Start the guest list, and determine the best cost estimate
4. Select your wedding party
5. Hire a planner, if desired
6. Book an officiant
7. Research a florist, photographer, videographer, DJ or band, and caterers
8. Host an engagement party, if you desire
9. Start a wedding folder to keep track of receipts and bridal inspiration
6-9 months before
11. Meet and book the caterers
12. Book the entertainment, i.e. DJ or band
13. Choose bridesmaids’ attire
14. Pick and order your bridal gown!
15. Register for gifts
16. Plan gifts for your bridal party, look here for some ideas!
17. Begin planning your honeymoon
18. Arrange transportation
19. Arrange for hotel or town rooms for guests to stay in
4-6 months before
20. Finalise the guest list
21. Book a florist, photographer, and videographer
22. Reserve rental items needed for the ceremony and reception
23. Create wedding invitations
24. Finalise a date, time, and location for rehearsal dinner
25. Pick ceremony readings, and confirm with readers
26. Meet with officiant
2-4 months before
27. Mail invitations
28. Shop for your wedding rings here!
29. Select and order your wedding cake
30. Obtain marriage license after 90-day mark
31. Schedule hair and makeup artists, and make day-of and trial-run appointments
32. Create your wedding favours and gifts for welcome baskets
33. Purchase wedding shoes and begin dress fittings
6-8 weeks before
34. Get your marriage license
35. Send out rehearsal-dinner invitations
36. Reserve tuxedos for groomsmen
37. Finalise the menu and flower arrangements
38. Meet with vendors to finalise details
39. Organise a list of people giving toasts
40. Purchase the rings!
41. Organise and have a bachelorette party if desired
2-6 week before
42. Enter RSVPs into your guest-list database
43. Print seating cards and programs
44. Create a seating plan
45. Have your final dress fitting
46. Pick-up wedding dress and rings
47. Write vows
1 week before
48. Finalise hair and makeup appointments
49. Finalise times with photographer and videographer
50. Re-confirm and finalise arrival times vendors
51. Delegate small wedding tasks to the wedding party, set specific people to be in charge of little things on the day
52. Pack for your honeymoon
Week of wedding
53. Expect lots of last minute things to come up, so make sure you’ve done everything you could earlier
54. Enjoy yourself, it’s your big day!
Don’t forget to have fun during the planning process, your friends and family are here to help - so let them! It’ll be the moments that lead up to your big day that make your wedding day one to remember. So don’t forget to enjoy yourself, you’re a bride!
Need help finding the ideal engagement ring?
Our friendly sales team have many years of experience and can help you find the perfect ring for your loved one. Simply visit our SH Showroom in Springvale and take advantage of a free consultation to discuss your jewellery and diamond requirements. However, so that we can better serve you, we recommend that you book an appointment for your consultation, especially for weekend times.